Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's the end of January already!?

Photo by joelanman

The calendar is wrong.

Those days actually represent next year's calendar, but who really cares?

Ever had a week where it started off slowly, but by the time you finally looked up it was already the weekend?

That was last week.

Here are the highlights of last week:

Monday - Woke up to find an e-mail response from the global agency internship position I applied for last week. Then received not only a voicemail, but also an e-mail from the mobile applications company saying they would like to hire me for a contract job. My mind was spinning. Ended the day with a phone interview and a scheduled in-person interview for Wednesday with the global agency. And, I called the other company and told them I would come in and work for them for a bit.

Tuesday - Went to my morning shift at American Eagle, then drove to the mobile applications company in Laguna Hills for my first day. Spoke to the hiring/office manager and signed my contract. Immediately started working on the project. Ended the day with a lot of ideas and some excitement.

Wednesday - Went to my interview in LA at the global agency where I met with four (count that FOUR) executives. Could've been five, but he was out of the office that morning. It was quite interesting. Let's just say it's definitely a different atmosphere from what I'm used to in my previous internships. Ended the day finding out they decided to forgo the writing test and offer me the position. Can we say BOOYAH!?

Yes, that was my reaction.

Needless to say, I was very excited and, at the same time, worried about the contract job.

Thursday - Woke up feeling a bit nauseous, but decided to go to the contract job to continue working on projects. Ended the day at American Eagle.

Friday - Contract job again and then American Eagle. Was planning on asking the contract job if it was all right to telecommute for the project. Unfortunately, I forgot.

-----

So, my week was full of work, work, work!!! What can I say I like working A LOT. I'm hoping the contract job will continue because I like the projects I'm working on, and if for some reason it doesn't work out? Well, it doesn't work out. Just wasn't in the cards then.

I'm hoping the agency internship will lead into something spectacular and PERMANENT.


-----

BTW, engaged friend is putting the wedding planning on hold. Too much on her plate right now.

Oh, well.

1 comment: